§ 1 Information about the collection of personal data
(1) Below you will find information about the collection of personal data when using our website. Personal data is any data relating to you, e.g. name, address, e-mail address, browsing behaviour.
(2) The controller according to Article 4(7) EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is
Dokas Handelsgesellschaft mbH
You may contact our data protection officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or at our postal address, adding ‘Datenschutzbeauftragter’.
(3) When contacting us by e-mail we store the data provided by you (your e-mail address, where applicable your name and your telephone number) to respond to your request. Any related data is erased when it is no longer required or processing will be restricted if statutory retention periods apply.
(4) In the event we use service providers commissioned by us for specific functions of our service or intend to use your data for advertising purposes, the respective procedures will be detailed below. In this case we also specify the criteria defined with respect to the duration of storage.
§ 2 Your rights
(1) You are entitled to the following rights with us with respect to your personal data:
- Right of access,
- Right to rectification or erasure,
- Right to restriction of processing,
- Right to object to processing,
- Right to data portability.
(2) You further have the right to lodge a complaint supervisory authority regarding to your personal data being processed by us.
§ 3 Collection of personal data when visiting our website
(1) When using the website strictly for information, so without registering or otherwise transmitting information to us, we only collect the personal data transmitted to us by your browser. If you wish to browser our website, we collect the following data required by us for technical purposes to deliver our website and guarantee its stability and security (legal basis is Article 6(1)(f) GDPR):
- IP address
- date and time of the request
- time difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- content of the request (specific page)
- access status/HTTP status code
- data volume transferred
- website from which the request originated
- operating system and interface
- browser language and version.
(2) In addition to the aforementioned data, cookies are added to your computer when using our website. Cookies are small text files which are saved to your hard drive and associated with the browser used, which provides the entity transmitting the cookie (in this case us) with specific information. Cookies cannot execute programs or transfer viruses to your computer. They serve the purpose of making the website overall more user-friendly and effective.
a) This website uses the following types of cookies, the scope and functionality of which is explained below:
Transient cookies (see b)
Persistent cookies (see c).
b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted after closing the browser. This particularly includes session cookies. These save a so-called session ID which enables associating various requests from your browser with the session. This enables recognising your computer when returning to our website. These session cookies are deleted after logging out or closing the browser.
c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a defined period which may vary by cookie. You may delete the cookies in the security settings of your browser at any time.
d) For visitors not signed into our website a single cookie is stored if the user allows cookies. This cookie is valid for exactly one day and is then automatically deleted.
When signing in as a distributor, the following cookies are saved:
- language setting – saved for one day
- disclaimer acknowledgement – cookie expires upon logging out, up to 1 year
- two login cookies – expire upon logging out, up to 1 year
e) You may configure your browser settings to your preferences and e.g. block third-party cookies or all cookies. Please note that doing so may prevent you from using all functions of this website.
§ 4 Other functions and services on our website
(1) In addition to using our website for information only we offer a distributor login, which you may choose to use. This typically requires additional personal information which we will use to provide the respective service and which are subject to the above data processing rules.
(2) In some cases we use external service providers to process your data. These have been carefully selected and commissioned by us, are bound to our instructions, and are routinely reviewed.
(3) We may further share your personal data with third parties participation in specials, entering into contracts or similar services is offered by us with partners. More information is provided when providing your personal data or in the description of services below.
(4) Provided our service providers or partners are domiciled in a state outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will inform you of how this affects you in the description of the service.
§ 5 Objecting or withdrawing consent to processing your data
(1) If you have consented to your data being processed you may withdraw this consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent affects how reliable the processed personal data is after submitting your withdrawal.
(2) If processing your personal data is based on weighing of interests, you may object to processing. This particularly is the case if processing is not necessary for compliance with a contract with you. Therefore, when exercising this right to object please provide the reasons why we should not process your personal data. If the objection is legitimate, we will investigate circumstances and either stop or change data processing or demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for continuing to process data.
(3) Naturally you may at any time object to your data being processed for advertising and data analysis purposes. You may submit your objection to advertising to the following address: Dokas Handelsgesellschaft mbH, Leimkugelstraße 7, 45141 Essen, E-Mail email@example.com, Fax +49 (0)201 522612-99
§ 6 Distributor login
(1) To use the services offered under our distributor login requires providing company data and the personal data of a contact person, which we (where technically feasible) require to process orders and business correspondence.
Required fields are: company, first name, last name, address, postal code, city, country, e-mail address. The data entered under the distributor login is stored by us. We will process the data provided by you to implement our business relationship and to process future orders. The legal basis here is Article 6(1)(b) GDPR.
We may further process the data provided by you to provide you with information about other relevant products from our product range or send you e-mails with technical information.
(2) Under commercial and tax law we are obliged to store your address, payment and purchase data for a period of ten years. However, after two years of inactivity we restrict processing, i.e. your data is only used for compliance with legal obligations.